Of all the spiritual direction programs I’m familiar with, Pacific Jubilee is by far my favourite. It has heart! A close-knit, caring faculty and a meticulous insistence upon the spiritual art of presence yield rich results: not just competent spiritual directors, but conscious human beings.
Adjunct Faculty, Vancouver School of Theology
Resident Teacher, The Contemplative Society, Victoria, BC
We see the work of Jubilee as being a part of the spiritual renewal of the world. We know ourselves called, both personally and societally, to live lives that incarnate the love of the Holy, self, others and the Earth. In service of this great work, Pacific Jubilee offers many programs under five streams:
- SoulWork events centre on spiritual discernment, nurture, formation and spiritual deepening. SoulWork modules are open to program alum and all spiritual seekers as stand-alone events. Taken in combination and with at-home learning they can also serve as preparation for training in spiritual direction.
- SoulGuiding is the very heart of all the Jubilee programs. It is the formation of Spiritual Directors also known as Soul Guides, Spiritual Companions and Anam Cara. SoulGuiding is a two year program focused on the formation of those called to the ministry of Spiritual Direction/Spiritual Accompaniment in a variety of forms.
- SoulCare events offer Spiritual Directors mutual support, nurture and encouragement, skill-deepening and retreat in a contemplative context.
- SoulMentoring offers ongoing formation, deepening and training options for those called to contemplative leadership in a variety of forms.
- SoulDeepening is an annual (optional) retreat and continuing education opportunity for program alumni who wish to continue in the Great Work.